All New Jersey superintendents and principals are invited to submit an application (for new applicants) to bring a team to this three-day summer institute at Princeton University July 17-19. The institute will focus on the development of school/district projects that stress arts integration with NJ’s Student Learning Standards.
Format: The institute format will include: keynote presentations, workshops, interactive experiences with teaching artists, and planning time for teams and coaches to design an arts integration project.
How: Each team must be composed of, at a minimum, the superintendent (or other central office person), a principal, an arts teacher, and a regular classroom teacher. Extra credit will be given for the addition of a board member. Other personnel who may enhance the team are invited to attend.
What is included: All expenses, with the exception of a $75 registration fee, are covered: a room at the Nassau Inn in Princeton for each team member, meals (except one dinner), and materials.
How to register: On the attached registration form, list all personnel who will attend. Sign the commitment statement which includes the following components:
• Payment of $75/participant prior to the start of the institute (scholarships may be available for teams from high-need districts);
• Participation in a pre-institute webinar in May;
• Attendance at all institute sessions;
• Designing and implementing a district or school-based project that focuses on arts integration;
• Working with an assigned coach during the school year;
• Evaluating the success of the developed project; and
• Providing demographic data for the Dodge Foundation Dashboard.
Registrations, which should be sent to Karin Marchione (email@example.com), are due by April 13. Selected teams will be notified by May 12 at which time an institute agenda will be provided. Questions may be addressed to Dr. Mary Reece (firstname.lastname@example.org) or (609) 860-1200.