Tuition and Costs
NJ EXCEL Program Schedule
NJ EXCEL cohorts typically begin in January and July and meet one evening per week (3 hour sessions), one or two Saturdays per month, and some weekdays during the summer (5 hour sessions). The total number of required program hours varies according to each NJ EXCEL model.
NJ EXCEL Tuition & Fees
Tuition for each NJ EXCEL Model includes all fees for E-mentors, Internship Mentors and Field Supervisors, individual accounts for NJ EXCEL’s Online Learning Community, technology training, and various instructional materials. Required textbooks are not included in the tuition. NJ EXCEL tuition plan allows equal monthly payments with the first payment required prior to start of the program. NJ EXCEL reserves the right to increase tuition rates as required.
- NJ EXCEL Model 1……$7,900.00 – Not including books
- NJ EXCEL Model 2……$8,500.00 – Not including books
- NJ EXCEL Model 3……$10,900.00 – Not including books
- NJ EXCEL Model 4……There are three different pricing tiers for Model 4
NJ EXCEL instructional seminars and special activities are offered at the FEA/NJPSA training facility in Monroe Township, NJ (Central Site), Parsippany-Troy Hills School District Offices, Parsippany, NJ (Northern Site), and Timber Creek High School, Erial, NJ (Southern Site).
School District Sponsorship and Commitment
NJ EXCEL requires school district sponsorship and commitment to ensure cooperation and support on the part of the district to provide sufficient time and opportunities for the candidate’s successful completion of the program, which includes:
- release time and/or other reasonable accommodation (i.e. combination personal/vacation days) to support participation in the Internship, intra-/inter-district visitations, and other required program activities;
- endorsement and support for job-embedded experiences and school-based projects within the candidate’s district/assigned school(s);
- use of facilities and technologies for meetings and on-line collaborative activities if needed; and
- reimbursement for program tuition/activities in accordance with district policies and bargaining agreements
NJ EXCEL Admissions Process
No Application Fee — If you are interested in applying for the NJ EXCEL program, please complete the NJ EXCEL online application.
Applicants must submit the following with their completed applications:
- copies of all state certifications and graduate degrees;
- copy of current job description (not required for classroom teachers);
- current resume; and
- authorized school district sponsorship and commitment
All applicants are interviewed and required to provide a short writing sample at the time of the interview. In addition, each applicant must bring to the interview a portfolio or work samples that exemplify his/her knowledge and application of effective instructional, supervisory, and leadership practices.