2015 Annual Membership Meeting & Legislative Conference
Welcome & thank you for joining us for this year’s Annual Membership Meeting and Legislative Conference!
This Virtual Folder contains key information for today’s conversations! We also urge you to continue the conversation on social media via our hastag #NJPSALC2015!
YOU can also help drive the conversation forward this year by "Making an ImPACt!" via a contribution to NJPSA’s Political Action Committee (PAC) today! Your donation of $25 or more helps drive NJPSA advocacy efforts AND with pensions and health benefits at risk we need to keep PAC strong.
This year, we are faced with a host of new requirements and challenges – whether talking about PARCC implementation, potential changes to pension and health benefits or other education reforms. NJPSA knows that you, as an education professional are leading on the front lines, fighting for New Jersey students. NJPSA is with you every step of the way.
Help keep the VOICE of New Jersey’s SCHOOL LEADERS strong. Your financial support helps NJPSA influence legislative action. Consider donating today by check made payable to NJPSA-PAC at the 2015 Annual Meeting & Legislative Conference!
NJPSA's GR Team
NJPSA 2015 Membership Meeting & Legislative Conference
PARCC & Common Core & Evaluation
- Commissioner Hespe Testifies Before Senate Ed Committee on PARCC
- PARCC Moratorium Legislation Passed by Assembly
- NJPSA Statement on the Impact of the PARCC Assessment & A Moratorium In the Assessment’s Use (A-4190 (Diegnan))
- Assembly Moves Assessment Reporting & K-2 Limitation Forward
- NJDOE Memo on PARCC Security & Social Media
- Pat Wright's Presentation to the Commission on Use of Assessments – Materials
Pensions & Benefits
- NJPSA Action Alert: Pension and Health Benefits Update and Call to Action!
- Pat Wright's Message to NJPSA Members Following Budget Address
- A Roadmap to Resolution: Report of the New Jersey Pension and Health Benefit Study
- Roadmap for Reform Memo With the New Jersey Education Association
- Want Details on the Report of the NJ Pension & Health Benefit Study Commission?
- Judge Jacobsen Rules In Favor or Employee Pensions
- FAQs About Cash Balance Pension Plans
- Christie Wants Three More Years To Get State Pension Program Fully Funded (John Reitmeyer, NJSpotlight)
- Senate President Calls for Millionaire’s Tax to Help Close State Pension Gap (John Reitmeyer, NJSpotlight)
- Public-Employee Healthcare: The Sweeney Plan vs. the Christie Report (John Reitmeyer, NJSpotlight)
- Should the State Offload Teacher Retirement Benefits Onto Local School Districts? (John Reitmeyer, NJSpotlight)
- NJ Public Employees Ready to hit Gov. Christie With New Pension-Funding Suit (John Reitmeyer, NJSpotlight)
- FY2016 Budget in Brief
- Governor Delivers Budget Address Focused Almost Exclusively on Pension & Health Benefits