The New Jersey Department of Education (NJDOE) is hosting several webinars over the next week on the State’s ESSA plan. The purpose of the webinar is to help the Department field questions and get feedback on State Plan, which is a description of how the state intends to implement the reauthorized Elementary and Secondary Education Act.
Upcoming Webinars are scheduled for the following dates:
- Thursday, March 2, 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 7, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Pre-registration is required.
In addition, the NJDOE will be providing in-person updates to Superintendent Roundtable meetings (contact your county office for information on meeting times and locations). Individuals seeking to comment / provide feedback on the plan can also do so via the Department survey.
The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) replaces No Child Left Behind (NCLB) and reauthorizes the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) of 1965. ESSA is meant to ensure that all students have equitable access to high-quality educational resources and opportunities, as well as to close educational achievement gaps.
- Presentation (Overview) of Plan
- Full Proposed Plan
- Overview webpage (for videos and a PowerPoint presentation)
- ESSA guidance for school districts.
- Sample letter that districts can share with parents and other members of your community.
Questions about ESSA or the department survey can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.