PARCC Provides Early Insight on Reports at ASCD Leadership Summit
Jeff Nellhaus, Chief of Assessment, at the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers provided some early insight on reporting within the new assessment system at a recent forum conducted by New Jersey Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (NJASCD), in coordination with NJPSA's foundation, FEA.
NJASCD, in conjunction with NJPSA’s foundation, FEA, spearheaded an event, “2015 NJ Leadership Summit: PARCC” January 21. The event not only included representation from PARCC, but also key staff at the New Jersey Department of Education, including the Chief Talent, Performance and Academic Officers, as well as the Commissioner. The day culminated with practical lessons from the field around PARCC and connections to common core.
The Unveiling of Sample Reports
Possibly the most impactful take-away for the day, however, was a presentation by PARCC Chief of Assessment Jeff Nellhaus which included samples of what districts can expect in the coming days around data reporting.
PARCC score reports will be available to local educators online through its interactive web-based Data Management and Reporting System, and to parents via a printed student reports. PARCC’ web-based system will provide authorized users to customize reports using the following “filters:”
Type of Test
Item Level Scores
PARCC conducted a 5-month, multi-phase Score Report Design Study to establish priorities for the kinds of data the reports should include and how they should be presented. Stakeholders providing input included:
- Teachers and Administrators (Central Office and Building)
- Higher Education Representatives
- PARCC state education leadership
- PARCC Technical Advisory Committee (TAC)
Samples of different reports were included in Mr. Nellhaus’ presentation
- Educator Evaluation Year 2 (Peter Shulman, Chief Talent Officer, NJDOE)
- Lessons Learned from the Pilot: Preparations for PARCC 2015 (Lauren DeBello, Jason Trzeciak, and Deana Ridolfo, Vineland School District)
- Developing Common Core Writing Assignments in Social Studies ( Mathew Mingle, Madison & Cindy Assini, Hillsborough Twp).
- The Common Core: Making the Connection to PARCC (Sandra Alberti)