Please share this with your eligible staff members!!
The New Jersey Higher Education Student Assistance Authority (HESAA) is pleased to announce the opening of the application period for the New Jersey Teacher Loan Redemption Program which offers partial student loan redemption for certain teachers in high-need fields in eligible schools. The application period opens on November 1, 2023 and will close on February 1, 2024.
To participate in the program an applicant:
- Must be a New Jersey resident and maintain residency in the State during Program participation;
- Must not be in default on any eligible qualifying loan;
- Must be certified by the New Jersey Department of Education to teach in New Jersey;
- Must have been hired on or after January 18, 2022 to teach in a high-need field in an eligible school; and
- Must be employed in a high-need field in an eligible school at the time of application.
HESAA asks that you please disseminate this information and the attached flyer to teachers and prospective teachers.
Please visit hesaa.org/Pages/LoanRedemptionPrograms.aspx to learn more.