Pat Wright Named to Education Recovery Taskforce
NJPSA Executive Director Patricia Wright has accepted a nomination to serve on the Education Recovery Taskforce established by the New Jersey Senate. The Taskforce to be chaired by Senate Education Chair Teresa Ruiz (D- ) and Senator Sam Thompson (R- ), a sitting member of that committee. The Taskforce will be comprised of important statewide education and stakeholder advocacy organizations.
The task force will develop recommendations that address the immediate needs schools and students are facing, solutions to learning loss that occur during remote instruction and over the summer, and supports and programs needed as we enter the next school year.
Within these broad themes, the Taskforce will consider a broad range of topics including the following:
- technology and overcoming the digital divide;
- tools for mitigating learning loss experienced by our students;
- supports for social emotional learning and mental health care;
- professional development on learning supports and emotional supports for their students;
- health and safety before and after school returns to the classroom;
- ensuring students have access to healthy meals;
- assistance for our students who have Individual Education Plans or are English Language Learners; and
- tools to help teachers, parents, and students measure academic progress and areas needing attention.
In order to assist with this work, NJPSA will be sending you a NJPSA membership survey to solicit your input on the current remote learning experiences in New Jersey districts, the challenges you have faced in leading our schools, your successes, and your specific needs for students, staff and administrators prior to a safe school re-opening. Thank you in advance for participating in our survey and for all you are doing to meet the learning and wellness needs of New Jersey students!